Friday, July 13, 2007

endless possibilities


After Anna had gone on vacation to Mexico at the end of May and I had taken over Lokahi Acupuncture in her absence, it was my turn to take a vacation at the end of June. It had been 6 months since my last vacation, and a little rest & relaxation was much needed.

I spent two weeks in various parts of New York State. I attended a retreat near Albany, New York with a group of 6 other women. The experience was life-altering, and I walked away from it with a tremendous amount of joy and feeling re-inspired to create the most fulfilling possible life for myself.

I spent some time with my in-laws, visited with old friends from the time I'd lived in New York many years ago, and took the train down to Manhattan to meet up with yet more friends.

The entire trip was very much about connecting and re-connecting with dear friends (especially fabulous women friends). I returned from my trip refreshed and uplifted, ready to dive head-first back into my life at home. Ok, ok, I will admit, there was a little bit of reluctance to end my vacation and get back to real life. But I was excited about it, as well. Excited about taking all the principles I'd learned at the retreat back into the real world with me and seeing how I could apply them to my life.

Coming back to work at Lokahi Acupuncture, I was struck by just how much it means to return to a work environment you enjoy. So many people dread going into the office. Dread the interactions with their bosses, their co-workers, and the often unpleasant surroundings they work in. I felt so blessed to return to such a wonderful work environment. I love my exchanges and interactions with Anna, love our patient community, and love the beautiful space that Anna has created in this office.

The other day, I decided to treat myself to an acupuncture session with my first regular acupuncturist. When I started seeing her, she was still an intern at my school, and I was in my first semester. She graduated at the end of my second semester and moved away, but she is now back and practicing in Santa Cruz. Since I had been missing the ocean dearly, I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to drive down to Santa Cruz to be treated by her and breathe in a whiff of ocean air!

It was so lovely to see her again, and I always get so much spiritual healing from my sessions with her. That's the part about acupuncture I am truly passionate about. The part that goes more than skin-deep and goes far beyond treating any physical ailments.

While resting with the needles in, I found myself reflecting upon how an experience at our office differed from an experience at the school's clinic in Santa Cruz. Although it's a nice clinic, it doesn't have that same warm, intimate feel that Lokahi Acupuncture has to offer. There is something very special about our small, family-oriented environment, and our patients appreciate that when they come here. And I, most certainly, appreciate working in this kind of environment! What a difference it makes!

I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction, and I am always amazed to see how what we set our intentions to will show up in our lives. My current work environment is exactly what I had visualized before I met Anna, and I still am in awe at how perfectly things can fall into place in our lives when we are clear about what we want.

If you are less than happy with your current work situation (or relationship, health, living space, or any other area of your life), I encourage you to start spending some time, every day, focusing on what an ideal situation would look like for you. Visualize it as if it were already real. Be as detailed as possible. Write down what it is you want. And allow yourself to believe that you CAN have that.

Here's to endless possibilities of living the lives of our dreams!

with love,

Angie