Thursday, April 26, 2007

smiles and laughther

As I was out running this evening on a beautiful, warm California April night, I pondered what to write about in my next blog entry. I asked myself what message I wanted to convey to my readers. The answer that came to me was that I wanted to post something which would make you smile. Something that would help you to reconnect with your joyful inner child. I remembered this video clip that a friend had shared with me in the past. How could this not make you happy? Laugh it up! Save the link to it, and watch it again whenever you are feeling down or blue.

There is a Qi Gong exercise called 'Laughing Qi Gong.' By making yourself laugh, even if you don't feel like it one bit to begin with, you can change the frequency of your energy. You can actually lift your spirits and turn your mood around! Remember this when you are feeling sad or depressed. Start with a smile. Smile at the next person you see. Or, if you are on your own, look in the mirror and smile at yourself. Close your eyes (or leave them open if you are driving!!) and feel the corners of your mouth and eyes soften and lift. Feel that smile wash over your body like a wave of positive energy. Then see if you can take that smile one step further and turn it into a laugh. If this seems too difficult to do, you can always reach for external 'tools' that will help. Rent a funny video. Listen to a song that makes you happy. Call up a friend who always makes you laugh. Read a comic book. Or do something really silly and laugh at yourself. Try out a new dance move. Jump up and down in the middle of your living room. Crack yourself up! The challenge is on!

with joy and happiness,
- Angie